All you see on pinterest is the beautiful perfect ones. I am posting this as I am sure many moms have tried it and not got those results! I am glad we did a trial run and it did not turn out! We will retry because we really liked it though!
CANVAS (WE USED CARDBOARD FOR TRIAL RUN)
Glue the crayons to the top of your board. Let dry! Then take blow dryer and melt the crayons!
- NOT TOO MUCH GLUE AS IT MELTS THE CRAYONS
- DO NOT MOVE CRAYONS AROUND ON GLUE AS IT BREAKS THE HOLD
- BLOW FROM THE TOP FOR STRAIGHT DOWN CRAYON ART (CARTER LIKED TO BLOW STRAIGHT ON AND THE COLORS MIXED TOO MUCH)
- PUT LIKE COLORS BY EACH OTHER MAKING A BLOCK OF BLUE, A BLOCK OF RED ETC...THIS WILL MAKE THE COLORS POP OUT MORE!
- BE PREPARED TO HOLD THE HAIR DRYER, CARTER'S ARM GOT TIRED AND WE HAD TO KEEP SWITCHING
- PUT NEWSPAPER UNDER SO YOU WILL NOT BE SCRUBBING THE COUNTER LATER
HAVE FUN! REMEMBER IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT! THE POINT OF IT IS TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR KIDS AND TEACH THEM CREATIVITY AND EXPLORE!!