"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Bubble Snakes

We have seen the Bubble Snake around pinterest in quite a few places. My favorite blog we spotted it at is playathomemom . They have many great ideas. They have a ton of supplies too. I am not quite as fancy as them but still have fun! Carter has the chicken pox so I have to keep things simple and happy for him!



BUBBLE SNAKES: Items Needed
Empty Water Bottle, soda etc...plastic
Sock
Tape
Dishsoap and Bowl

Very Easy! Those with older kids might not even need to tape! We did because I figured my 2 year old would pull the sock off!

Cut the bottom off the bottle, Put Sock on (From your mismatch pile) :) Tape the top (I used duck tape)
Stick sock part in soap and water and blow! We had a lot of fun experiementing with these also. We would see who could get the longest one, who could get the fattest one etc... We even tried to race them down the slide. It didn't work down the slide! But made the slide fast! We also had seen pins that had colored them. I really would suggest not to do this! We tried it, food coloring everywhere!!!

The best part was the kids keep playing with them! When they got in the pool later they grabbed them and had fun blowing the bubbles in the pool. They took them with them to the shower and had fun in there also! I just switched the soap to Baby Soap in the shower! Viola! Clean Kids and they did not even know it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!