"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 2 Carter's choice

I was not even out of bed this morning when Carter was jumping on me saying "what are we going to do today mom??" I said....COFFEEEEEE :) So I made my coffee, pulled up our pins and told Carter to pick one. His first choice was clay but we don't have all the ingredients so that will have to wait. His 2nd was a pet jellyfish. We found this project on Pinterest from this website: bhoomplay.wordpress.com 

As we gathered the items and started the project Carter said "Wait, you mean it is not a real jellyfish" LOL. I have to give credit to the mom that completed this one. It looks great.

The steps for this one are a little longer and can be found at the website above.













This project was more time consuming than yesterdays. Carter quickly tired of cutting tentacles so be prepared to do some cutting yourself! In which as my hands are not agreeing with me I could not help much so it took a couple times going back to it as his attention span is not that long! Here is midway through his project!

Some tips on the cutting is make it small. We had to hunt for different bottles to use as our jelly was too big! So I think a liter bottle will work best or make it small!! Also we did not make the head big enough as it squishes up some in the water. Our finished project made Carter smile.

Overall....our pet Jelly is a FAIL. Not enough excitement to keep Carter wanting to do it. Ours kind of looks like trash in a bottle! LOL! Oh Well we tried!!

Carter was a little sad about this and wanted to try something else so we went ahead and picked another! Making our own fingerpaints! Sound messy enough?
SO SIMPLE!!! 
3tbs Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 c cornstarch
2 c water

Mix all in a sauce pan until it thickens, deposit into containers and add colors! Wait until it cools and have some fun! This was Callen's first time using paints and he was not sure at first using one finger but quickly discovered it was more fun to smear his whole hand in it! Good Thing it was a nice day, I turned the hose on them!! Two Pins down today! One Fail and One Success! We also filled the baby pool and ran around in the hose! Callen likes to swim with Vader.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!