"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

First Day of Summer!

Ok! We are off to start the summer! 86 days!  We have collected a ton of Pinterest ideas and plan on doing at least one a day through out the summer! No more collecting them! We will do some of the great ideas we have collected! My boys are 9 and 2 and are very active boys so this will help keep them busy!
Day 1:

Today, we decided to make play dough. We have done so before but not in large quantities. It is super easy and I found a great recipe on www.pinterest.com

2 cups Flour
1 cup Salt
1tbsp oil
3/4 cup water with food coloring of choice mixed in!

First mix the dry ingrediants then pour and stir the liquids in! To get it mixed well you will have to get your hands in it! I suggest putting flour on your hands or kids hands while they mix it!

We are reusing our deli plastic bins for storage! The kids had a blast, Carter made it and showed Callen how to play with it! It kept them busy for a few hours today! SUCCESS!! Carter was begging for another project! (Being the first day I did not want to get a head of ourselves) I got him to help mow the lawn and run through sprinklers instead! Now it is 5 and I have some time to myself as my boys are worn out! Better get making dinner! We will have more to share tomorrow!!

Here is our end result! Took Less than 10 minutes to make each batch and not too messy!! Proud Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!