"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Melted Crayons



Day 4!! Today was the first day in summer break I really was not feeling great. Of course that meant the boys were extra wild. We started out the day with cartoon in my bed which turned into a wrestling match pretty quickly! We did a few things today including making more shirts for cousins and painting with melted crayons. 


We let Callen paint today and it was cute every swipe he made he had to get my attention and show me looking all proud. Including his face and belly. The boys ran through the sprinklers, had a water balloon fight and this afternoon we rounded up some rocks and crayons and painted! Sounds weird huh?


Gather rocks and put them in the oven at 250 for 5 minutes (don't let them explode!) They get hot so be careful! Take them out one at a time and color on them! It melts it right away looking pretty and bright! I will post pictures tomorrow as I didn't get them on the computer tonight! We placed them around the yard so when we see then we will smile! We also put one in the mailbox for the mailman with a note from Carter thanking him for bringing him his birthday cards. Random act of kindness will bring good karma right!?

Few points on the project! The rocks are hot! But it works best if you color them right away! Smoother finish! Carter used an oven mitt, I just used a paper towel and callen had a rock not heated up!


                                     














We liked the smooth rocks better they were easier to do! We also had an hour of computer game time. It was nice and quiet time! Carter likes www.jumpstart.com and Callen loves Thomas the train of course! Both have some educational games on them! 


Goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!