"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 3! More Paint!

I stuck with an easier craft today. I have been ignoring housework doing projects with the kids! So today, BEFORE we started I had the boys do their chores, well Callen helped, I got a few loads of laundry done and kitchen picked up. Then we played outside with some bubbles and got Callen good and tired. We got smart with the paint and when he went down for a nap Carter and I started to paint our T-Shirts. Yesterday whenever, we got close to any paint Callen was yelling "NO MINE" so we spent half the time telling him to share.


Carter liked this project and said it was more fun. He wanted to paint himself a Randy Orton Shirt. We looked at the images he wanted and then he got started! We used fabric paint. And had to sit at the table as the wind was blowing too much for outside work! Quick dry time on them also! Carter was like...hmmm what else can I paint? I did have to have a talk with him though about entertaining himself some as he bugged me every half an hour asking me what else we are going to do today....I think we will have to make a "I AM BORED" jar. Full of independant play and chores and worksheets for when I hear those words!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!