"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Gnome Sticks!


Poppop was talking about hiding gnomes and letting the boys find them in the lot, we did not want ceramic as a 2, 3, 7 and 9 year old would be messing with them. I did some checking and found these gnome sticks on shaktidove.blogspot.com via pinterest. We did them a little different and did not whittle. We just found sticks and broke them. A few we smoothed the edges and painted! They are currently in Nana's front garden awaiting to be hidden and drying. Carter even made a smurf one and a Spanish one with a sombrero on. I didn't get the final pictures of his as he refused to leave them! :) I think we will try to get everyone who visits to do one so that way we end up with a ton! They will be hard to find in the mountains but will keep the boys busy as the painting did too! Love them! Hard to see the ones with the knob noses but those are my favs! I will try to take better pictures of the noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!