"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mod-Podge Wood Plaque

My 9 year old did not used to be into crafts and independent play. He has really done awesome this summer getting into them. I took a nap with my 2 year old today. (nice!) During which Carter decided to get creative! He has been waiting to try some mod podge. We did the home made version this morning of half elmers and half warm water. I have never used mod podge but this home made version seems to work. It is not glossy but looks good.
We have a tote that holds our Craft supplies in it. Carter got into it, chose a wood plaque, and red and black paint and got to work. He painted the plaque. He got paint all over the table and he printed a picture of his favorite wrestler and mod podged it to the plaque. It looks great. I am very proud and did not even yell about the paint on the table! Simply reminded him to put paper down next time! :) I love that his mind is expanding and he is enjoying it as art was not one of his favorite special classes. I am going to have to get some more wood plaques and put some scrap book paper on them for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!