"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mountain Fun! Day 6

Sorry for the delay! We were in the mountains visiting Nana and Poppop so did not have time to let you know what pins we did! We had a fun-filled 3 days with tons of outdoor activities! When we get there they love to run around like crazy so we did a NATURE SCAVENGER HUNT!
This was great for a few reasons...

  1. While we were unpacking the car, lugging suitcases in, and getting situated the boys stayed out of our hair!
  2. The boys are always super excited when they get there, this gives them time to run, see their cousin, and have some outdoor fun without me looking over them! (They stay on the property)
  3. I got to have a cup of uninterrupted coffee!!!!!!! WHOOOOEEEEE




































I had made this early in the morning so I needed that extra cup! They kept the boys busy for about an hour! Then they got bored and moved onto building lephrachaun houses. I forgot to take a picture of theirs as I got busy with my 2 year old! So all in all a fun Hunt we also did one in the car. Its an hour drive but for a 9 year old, 7 year old and 2 year old boy that is a long drive! It got to the point I told them that if they asked one more time "are we there yet??" They would have to sit on the steps at Nana's for 5 minutes.  They stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!