"I think I know what we are going to do today Mom"
I am a mother of two rambunctious boys ages 9 and 2. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease which has changed my life around. I cannot do the things I used to. I do not want my kids to feel like they miss out on things. We have been using Pinterest frequently. It is a treasure chest of inspiration. We pin and pin and pin! Then they sit there....on the bulletin board. These great creative ideas that scream at me and make me desire to be more creative! I think I can do that! I cannot do a lot of things but I can do some things! I just have to change some! I am not working currently due to the disease. This summer I want to make fun! I want it to be one they remember! So...our goal is to take one of the creative ideas we have pinned a day and complete it. A pin a day. This can be a little one, a big one, just something to break up the summer days and do things that we normally would not! We can do it! These ideas are from the creative minds on pinterest and we hope you enjoy them! 86 days of Summer!!!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Red Neck Breakfast



Last day at Nana and Poppops! We started out with making our breakfast outside in the beautiful weather! (Started that way!) There is a high fire danger currently in the Colorado mountains so we could not use the fire pit, so we got the Cajun Turkey Fryer base out, grabbed the propane and a big pan! The boys really got into it! Poppop showed them how to make it all and we had ourselves a great breakfast outside!
Then the boys got the jeeps (yes they know they are too big for this but use Callen as an excuse) got their driving course ready and had some fun racing and just being loud! We hit the lake and paddle boated and fished until the rain started coming!!!

Bath time fun is always a mess. I seem to get a bathroom full of water everyday. My 2 year old enjoys bath time and I think enjoys his alone time. We found these ideas on pinterest for sensory tubs and Nana had some different play things in the tub that are great for him.

The first is sand toys. He really enjoyed using a shovel and pail and bubbles . He experimented with different toys and really seemed to enjoy these more than he enjoys the boats and critters! I will be bringing them out at home too!

The 2nd is water balloons! Callen had great fun with these! He liked to rub them on his face. They were cold so he must of liked that. Then after dunking them, throwing them against the wall and bath time was coming to an end I poked a little hole in each one so he did not try to take them out of the bath! That was another 10 minutes of fun! He tried to squirt it in his mouth, squirt me, the dogs, and other toys. He would squeeze them and watch them get big and the water shoot out faster until they broke! GREAT FUN!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave messages, comments, feedback or your own findings on projects!